Senate meets Tuesdays from 5-7 p.m. in Smith 120.
Join us at our next meeting on January 9th! Remember, there’s no deadline to sign up to be a senator and you can participate in our meetings without registering online.
In the ASUW Student Senate you can learn about the issues impacting our campus, you will meet leaders representing various communities, and you will contribute your perspective to help to shape the future of the University of Washington.
TO BECOME A SENATOR, simply follow these steps:
1. Go to the ‘Senators‘ Tab, and click ‘Become a Senator‘ from the drop-down menu.
2. Fill out a quick profile for yourself, and select ‘signatures’ from the membership claim question.
3. Ask 15 UW Students to go to go on our website, and click the ‘Pick a Senator‘ button on our front page. They will see a list of all our senators, and they should click the icon to the right of your name on this list.
4. Once you have 15 constituents, we will prepare everything you need! Your materials will be avilible at our next meeting.
5. If you have any questions, stop by any of Leadership’s office hours in HUB 121 G. Hours are listed on hours.asuw.org
There are several other ways to gain a voting seat in Senate, through our protected seats. If you represent any of the following groups, please contact our Membership Coordinator (email@example.com) for more information.
The Black Student Union, First Nations, Filipino American Student Association, Micronesian Islands Club, Polynesian Student Alliance, MEChA Student Organization, Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence Activists, Student Advisory Board, Interfraternity Council, Panhellenic Association, United Greek Council, National Panhellenic Council, Residential Community Student Association, GPSS and any of the eight ASUW Commissions.
To learn more about our procedures, check out this video!