Senate meets Tuesdays from 5-7 p.m. in GWN 301.
Join us at our next meeting on May 2nd! We will have a forum for Board of Directors elections! If you have any questions you would like to be asked of the candidates, you can submit them here. There’s no deadline to sign up and you can participate in our meetings without registering online.
In the ASUW Student Senate you can learn about the issues impacting our campus, you will meet leaders representing various communities, and contribute your perspective to help to shape the future of the University of Washington.
TO BECOME A SENATOR, simply follow these steps:
1. Go to the ‘Senators‘ Tab, and click ‘Become a Senator‘ from the drop-down menu.
2. Fill out a quick profile for yourself, and select ‘signatures’ from the membership claim question.
3. Ask 15 friends with a UWNetID to go to go on our website, and click the ‘Pick a Senator‘ button on our front page. They will see a list of all our senators, and they should click the icon to the right of your name on this list.
4. Once you have 15 constituents, we will prepare everything you need, including a clicker for voting! These will all be available at the next meeting.
5. If you have any questions, stop by any of Leadership’s office hours in HUB 121 G. Hours are listed on hours.asuw.org
There are several other ways to gain a voting seat in Senate, through our protected seats. If you represent any of the following groups, please contact our Membership Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
The Black Student Union, First Nations, Filipino American Student Association, Micronesian Islands Club, Polynesian Student Alliance, MEChA Student Organization, Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence Activists, Student Advisory Board, Interfraternity Council, Panhellenic Association, United Greek Council, National Panhellenic Council, Residential Community Student Association, GPSS and any of the eight ASUW Commissions.
To learn more about our procedures, check out this video!