September 30, 2013
Registering to be a Senator
1. Click the “Senators” tab and select “Become a Senator.”
2. As you fill out your profile, you will see a section entitled “Claim Category.” If you are basing your claim to a seat off of gathering 10 constituents, you will select “No Current Claim.” If you are representing an organization, such as a residence hall or commission, select the option that reads “[organization’s name] appointee.”
4. Under slate, you can select any slate that you wish to be part of. This can be anything from your ideological beliefs or what area of campus you represent. This section can also be left blank.
5. Select your top 3 choices for committees. If you want to find out more about each committee, go to https://depts.washington.edu/asuwsen/aero/committees
6. If you want to, you can write a brief profile about yourself. This is a good opportunity to share why you are involved with senate, who you are representing, what issues you want to work on behalf of, or anything else you want people to know!
7. If you are an appointee of an organization, this will complete your registration process. If you selected “No Current Claim,” you have to find at least 10 students who will register as your constituent under the “Pick a Senator” tab.